Katy Lipson is looking for a General Manager to join her company ARIA ENTERTAINMENT as we expand in 2017.
The General Manager will support Producer Katy Lipson to ensure the successful delivery and smooth running of a variety of productions. The General Manager will work closely with company members and will have a proven track record in arts management, preferably with experience across a variety of musical productions from Off-West end to West End. They will also have a good knowledge of the regional landscape of producing theatres and Artistic Directors and the new musical theatre circuit in the UK and US.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with KL to plan and manage all productions
- Negotiate with, where required and as directed by KL all members of the creative and production teams and company on each production
- Prepare all contracts, including co-production and investment agreements
- Day-to-day liaison for the creative and production teams, agents and company
- Overall financial management for each production
- Authorising all production invoices, petty cash expenditure and royalty payments
- Maintaining precise running production accounts and implementing methods of cost control
- Overseeing and approving all spend with Production Managers
- Oversee payroll with KL
- Collate and reconcile all Box Office settlements and contras
- Preparing investor and creative royalty reports
- Ensure that funds are accurately accounted for against relevant productions
- Establish, prepare and monitor individual production budgets for a range of shows
Roles And Duties:
- Attend rehearsals and performances as required
- Represent KL at meetings and events when required
- Attend marketing and PR meetings
Candidates need to possess and demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional organisation and administration skills
- Proven ability to draft contracts and budgets
- At least a year’s experience in arts management, with some General Management experience
- Knowledge of working practices and union agreements in the West End and UK Theatre and ITC contracts.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships
- Ability to multi-task in a busy working environment
- Ability to quickly build positive working relationships with venues and artists
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Diplomacy, discretion and professionalism at all time
- Motivated and Enthusiastic
- Experience of and relationships within the UK touring theatre circuit with tour booking experience
- Love of Musical Theatre
- Experience of QuickBooks & Sage accounting software
- Experience in updating websites
- Good knowledge of the general musical theatre canon and International musical theatre circuits
Please apply with a letter of interest and CV. Please submit by January 30th. Interviews will be held in the New Year.
Salary: £25k-£30k to be negotiated for the right person.